The airport provides easy access to Mineral Wells and the North Texas Hill Country just 45 miles west of Fort Worth, a region that offer visitors lots of things to see and do.
Check out the Mineral Wells Area Chamber of Commerce website for information about the city and its history, local accommodations, an events calendar, a list of things to do, and more.
Within one to five miles of the airport, you'll find a variety of moderately-priced motels. Here are just a few to give you an idea of what's available:
- Best Western Clubhouse Inn & Suites: 940-325-2270
- Motel 6: 940-327-0077
- Days Inn & Suites: 940-468-2727
- Budget Host Mesa Hotel: 940-325-3377
- Knights Inn Mineral Wells: 940-325-6956
- Red Lion Inn: 940-325-7829
- Super 8: 940-325-6961
- Executive Inn: 940-328-1111
Within a few miles of the airport, you'll find a variety of places to visit. Here are a few to consider when you visit the Mineral Wells area. Complete information on these and other attractions in an around the city is available at the Mineral Wells Area Chamber of Commerce.
- The historic Baker Hotel & Spa in historic Downtown Mineral Wells: Currently closed to the public, a major $65 million restoration effort is now underway, The project is considered to be the most expensive restoration of a historic building in Texas, and is expected to reopen in the Fall of 2022. Many visitors come by daily to admire the historic hotel and watch the renovation work by strolling around its exterior.
- Famous Mineral Water Company: 940-325-8870 http://drinkcrazywater.com/
- The historic Crazy Water Hotel in downtown Mineral Wells is currently undergoing a complete renovation and will begin to reopen several sections of the hotel in late 2019.
- The Little Rock Schoolhouse Museum: 940-325-2726
- Brazos River Factory Stores: Local outlet mall 940-325-3318
- Mineral Wells Fossil Park: Pennsylvania Period fossils 940-328-7803 http://www.mineralwellsfossilpark.com/
- Boudreau Herb Farm: 6 miles north of town are vegetable gardens, herb gardens, and a plant sales area. 940-325-8674
- The National Vietnam War Museum: Six gardens and a half-scale replica of the original Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall in Washington, D.C. 940-325-4003 or 940-664-3918 http://www.nationalvnwarmuseum.org/
- Historic Fort Wolters Gate & Fort Wolters Memorial Park with the Medal of Honor Memorial: Located on the historic grounds of old Camp Wolters/Fort Wolters http://www.fortwoltersgate.org/
- Historic Downtown Mineral Wells: Unique collection of restaurants, apparel boutiques, antiques, craft stores and gift shops are part of an ongoing revitalization and restoration effort. Work is underway to have over 100 downtown buildings certified as national historic structures, and a large portion of the downtown area certified as a national historic district.
Within a few miles of the airport, you'll find a variety of recreation opportunities. Here are a few to consider when next you visit the Mineral Wells area:
- Lake Mineral Wells State Park & Trailway: 940-328-1171 https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/lake-mineral-wells
- Clark Gardens: 940-682-4856 http://www.clarkgardens.org/
- Possum Kingdom Lake: https://www.possumkingdomlake.com/ (See also https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/possum-kingdom)
- Mineral Wells Fossil Park: 940-328-7803 http://www.mineralwellsfossilpark.com/
- Highway 4: A very scenic road, west of Mineral Wells, that is enjoyed by bicyclists, motorcyclists and visitors in cars, trucks and buses.
Within one to five miles of the airport, you'll find a wide variety of restaurants. Here are a few to give you an idea of what's available:
- Mesquite Pit: 940-325-5960
- El Paseo: 940-325-7262
- Subway: 940-328-0939
- Chili's Grill & Bar: 940-325-3838
- Pulido's Mexican Restaurant: 940-325-8664
- Old School Pizza Co.: 940-325-1515
- Chicken Express: 940-325-6909
- Pastafina: 940-325-4880
- Woody's: 940-325-9817
- Natty Flat BBQ: 940-654-6100
- North Oak Dairy Queen: 940-325-5819
- Jimmy's Café: 940-325-9997
- Black Horse Café: 940-325-8787
- Braum's Ice Cream & Dairy: 940-328-1672
- Brazos Market & Bistro: 940-468-2702
- Mi Fiesta Restaurant: 940-325-7427
- Jesse's Drive In: 940-325-7369
- Mr. Jim's Pizza: 940-325-5588
- Domino's Pizza: 940-328-1151