The airport provides easy access to Mineral Wells and the North Texas Hill Country just 45 miles west of Fort Worth, a region that offer visitors lots of things to see and do.
Check out the Mineral Wells Area Chamber of Commerce website for information about the city and its history, local accommodations, an events calendar, a list of things to do, and more.
Within one to five miles of the airport, you'll find a variety of moderately-priced motels. Here are just a few to give you an idea of what's available:
- Best Western Clubhouse Inn & Suites: 940-325-2270
- Comfort Suites: 940-327-0077
- Days Inn & Suites: 940-468-2727
- Budget Host Mesa Hotel: 940-325-3377
- Knights Inn Mineral Wells: 940-325-6956
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites: 940-325-7829
- Motel 6: 940-325-6961
- Executive Inn: 940-328-1111
Within a few miles of the airport, you'll find a variety of places to visit. Here are a few to consider when you visit the Mineral Wells area. Complete information on these and other attractions in an around the city is available at the Mineral Wells Area Chamber of Commerce.
- The Baker Hotel in historic Downtown Mineral Wells: Currently closed to the public, but many visitors come by daily to admire the historic hotel by strolling around its exterior.
- Famous Mineral Water Company: 940-325-8870 http://drinkcrazywater.com/
- The Little Rock Schoolhouse Museum: 940-325-2726
- Brazos River Factory Stores: Local outlet mall 940-325-3318
- Mineral Wells Fossil Park: Pennsylvania Period fossils 940-328-7803 http://www.mineralwellsfossilpark.com/
- Boudreau Herb Farm: 6 miles north of town are vegetable gardens, herb gardens and plant sales area 940-325-8674
- National Vietnam War Museum: Four gardens and a half-scale replica of the original Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall in Washington, D.C. 940-325-4003 or 940-664-3918 http://www.nationalvnwarmuseum.org/
- Historic Fort Wolters Gate & Fort Wolters Memorial Park with the Medal of Honor Memorial: Located on the historic grounds of old Camp Wolters/Fort Wolters http://www.fortwoltersgate.org/
- Historic Downtown Mineral Wells: Unique collection of restaurants, apparel boutiques, antiques, craft stores and gift shops.
Within a few miles of the airport, you'll find a variety of recreation opportunities. Here are a few to consider when next you visit the Mineral Wells area:
- Lake Mineral Wells State Park & Trailway: 940-328-1171 https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/lake-mineral-wells
- Clark Gardens: 940-682-4856 http://www.clarkgardens.org/
- Possum Kingdom Lake: https://www.possumkingdomlake.com/ (See also https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/possum-kingdom)
- Mineral Wells Fossil Park: 940-328-7803 http://www.mineralwellsfossilpark.com/
- Highway 4: A very scenic road, west of Mineral Wells, that is enjoyed by bicyclists, motorcyclists and visitors in cars, trucks and buses.
Within one to five miles of the airport, you'll find a wide variety of restaurants. Here are a few to give you an idea of what's available:
- Mesquite Pit: 940-325-5960
- El Paseo: 940-325-7262
- Subway: 940-328-0939
- Chili's Grill & Bar: 940-325-3838
- Pulido's Mexican Restaurant: 940-325-8664
- Old School Pizza Co.: 940-325-1515
- Chicken Express: 940-325-6909
- Pastafina: 940-325-4880
- Woody's: 940-325-9817
- Natty Flat BBQ: 940-654-6100
- North Oak Dairy Queen: 940-325-5819
- Jimmy's Café: 940-325-9997
- Black Horse Café: 940-325-8787
- Braum's Ice Cream & Dairy: 940-328-1672
- Brazos Market & Bistro: 940-468-2702
- Mi Fiesta Restaurant: 940-325-7427
- Jesse's Drive In: 940-325-7369
- Mr. Jim's Pizza: 940-325-5588
- Domino's Pizza: 940-328-1151